The Brevard County Library System offers community access to the Internet in fulfillment of our mission to "fulfill the informational needs of citizens."
All Internet resources accessible through the Library are provided equally to all Library patrons. However, use of the Internet must be compatible with the Mission of the Library. Inappropriate use, as determined by the library, will result in immediate cessation of the patron's Internet access and or disciplinary action as required.
First-time users are required to read this Acceptable Use Policy before proceeding. All library patrons who utilize this service are expected to do so responsibly using common sense and common courtesy and respecting the rights of others, as well as the library and its equipment.
Inappropriate use includes, but is not limited to:
- accessing, transmitting, uploading, downloading, or distributing pornographic, obscene, or sexually explicit material.
- unauthorized access, including so-called "hacking," and other unlawful activities by individuals online
- unauthorized disclosure, use, and dissemination of personal identification information regarding minors; and
- and violating any local, state, or federal statute
- violating copyright or otherwise using intellectual property of another individual or organization without permission
- harassment of other users; disruption or unauthorized monitoring of other users electronic access.
- downloading to the library computers' hard drives.
- using the Library Internet terminals for commercial profit-making activities.
- damaging or destroying equipment, software, or data belonging to the library or to other users, including adding, altering, or deleting files on Library workstation hard drives or other Library computer equipment. (See Florida Statute 815.01 & 815.06).
The Brevard County Library System makes no warranties of any kind, neither expressed nor implied, for the Internet access it is providing. The library is not responsible for the accuracy, nature, or quality of information gathered through the library - provided Internet access. In consideration of the Brevard County Library System providing users with access to the Internet, users agree to hold the library harmless and agree to indemnify the library from any and all liability arising out of the user's use of the Internet. The library is not responsible for loss of data due to service interruptions. The Brevard County Library System is not responsible for any commercial transactions that a user participates in while using the Library's Internet terminal.
Internet Links Disclaimer
All links to external websites have been assessed by Brevard County Library System Librarians using criteria relating to accuracy, authority, objectivity, currency and coverage of the information contained in them at the time of selecting the link. Nevertheless, Brevard County Library System has no control over the content of these websites and cannot accept responsibility or liability for any of the material provided by them, nor can their content be regarded as reflecting the policies or opinions of the Library System.
The Brevard County Library System reserves the right to reject or remove links to any website without notice.