Our Local Parks make Brevard County a better place to live. By providing safe places to get active, enjoy nature, preserve the environment and bring people together, our parks are essential to our health and well-being. That is why from April 1 to April 30 Brevard County residents will have the opportunity to help one of three park projects and give them a chance to receive $20,000 in grant funding to make improvements.
The projects are:
- Bernice Jackson / Walter Butler Soccer Field in Sharpes
- EEL Program’s Sams House Nature Pavilion at Pine Island Conservation Area in Merritt Island
- Wickham Park Community Garden in Melbourne
www.NRPA.org/BeInspired, park supporters can vote daily for their favorite park project. At the end of April the project with the most votes will receive the grant funding.
This 117.62-acre site includes two lighted youth softball fields, two Major and two Senior Little League lighted baseball fields, an unlighted t-ball field, and two 2-story restroom / concession / meeting buildings. The 16 acres dedicated to youth soccer include two lighted stadium fields, restroom /concession / meeting building and parking.
Other park facilities include two lighted outdoor basketball courts, two playground areas, four lighted tennis courts, family and group pavilions, sidewalks, maintenance facility, and an 18,000 sq. ft. Community Center with gymnasium, banquet kitchen, large meeting room with divider, 4 small meeting rooms, and two sets of restrooms (one with showers). A site centrally located in the park is dedicated to a garden managed by volunteers.
Click here for monthly activity calendar.
For more information about activities, classes, and upcoming events please call (321) 433-4891. Facility Reservations:
- Community Center
- Large meeting room with divider
- 4 small meeting rooms
- One medium pavilion (seats 100)
- 2 large pavilions (seats 200)
- 2 family-sized pavilions (seats 20) no reservations needed, first-come-first served only
Parking, Pedways, Restrooms, Pavilions, Playgrounds, Community Center Dos & Don’ts:
- Service animals only.
- Alcoholic beverages in designated areas only.
- Other restrictions as posted.