This 32.43-acre regional beach park featuring a maritime hammock is a popular site for events and group gatherings. The dunes and maritime hammock allow visitors to experience Florida’s natural coastline. Beach attractions include 3 pavilions along a 1,000’ boardwalk, 6 dune crossovers, year round lifeguards, onsite vendors, and surf fishing. Restrooms, 3 outdoor showers, drinking fountains, and parking lots are conveniently located on both the north and south sides of the hammock. Two medium pavilions, grills, a playground, an open grassy area, and a sand volleyball court are located on the north side. A grassy area and picnic tables are on the south side.
The 3,155 ft interpretive boardwalk at the Maritime Hammock is accessed from the north parking lot, or by paved walkway from the south parking lot.
- 'Slater East' - Medium Pavilion (seats up to 50)
- 'Slater West' - Medium Pavilion (seats up to 50)
- 'Nature' - Medium Pavilion (seats up to 50)
Listed in State of Florida Great Florida Birding Trail—Migratory Songbirds and Painted Buntings in hammock; Florida Scrub-jays, Shorebirds, Seabirds; up to 15 Warbler species during spring migration
Parking, Restrooms, Pavilions, Playground, Boardwalk, 6 Dune Crossovers, Nature Center, Nature Boardwalk, Paved Walkways
Dos & Don’ts:
- Service animals allowed, and dogs allowed at Dog Park but otherwise prohibited in park and on beach.
- Alcoholic beverages in designated areas only.
- Other restrictions as posted.