This beautiful 18.38-acre community river park is situated in a wildlife sanctuary. The park caters to both active and passive recreational enthusiasts. The boat ramp and a natural launch area provide access for boaters, rowers and paddlers into Sykes Creek leading to the Barge Canal or Banana River. Fishing is popular from the shoreline and fishing dock. An exercise trail, softball fields, basketball, tennis and racquetball courts invite fitness and active play.
The Community Center features ongoing activities, a gymnasium, a small kitchen and meeting rooms. Additional facilities that make this park attractive for group gatherings and community events include the Karen S. Rood Community Building (with kitchen and meeting room) located at the park entrance, the Doyle I. Carlton Pavilion, a large event pavilion (with banquet kitchen and meeting room), 2 medium pavilions, a playground, benches, restrooms, and drinking fountains. Click here for the monthly calendar.
- Tennis Courts
- Racquetball Courts
- Field Use
- 'Karen Stallard Rood' - Community Building (seats up to 40)
- 'Tracy Bagwell' - Community Building (seats up to 20)
- 'Annex' - Meeting Room (seats up to 40)
- 'Doyle Carlton' - Meeting Room (seats up to 80)
- 'Doyle Carlton' - Event Pavilion (seats up to 750)
- 'Timberland' - Medium Pavilion (seats 50)
Waterfowl, Dolphin, Manatee
Parking, Restrooms, Community Center, Community Building, Playground, Pavilions, Fishing Dock, Paved Walkways
Dos & Don’ts:
- Lagoon is a no wake zone.
- Service animals only or dogs on short leash and only when leading dog between vehicle and boat.
- Alcoholic beverages in designated areas only.
- Other restrictions as posted.