Please click on the following images below for more information
Brevard County Emergency Management Shelters
Brevard County strongly urges that a Public Shelter be used Only As A Last Resort. You will be more comfortable sheltering with friends, family or in commercial lodging. If you require Public Sheltering, please be familiar with your designated Primary Evacuation Shelter location and your planned route to that shelter. Shelter Route Signs have been posted to assist you.
Plan for the following at a shelter:
Do Not Take Pets (except Guide Dogs), Alcoholic Beverages Or Weapons Of Any Kind To Public Shelters.
- Be sure to take enough food and supplies to last several days, including special diet foods, as food may not be readily available at the Shelter.
- Bring bottled water (2 qts/person/day) and other beverages/juices/soft drinks.
- Bring a manual can opener, eating utensils, paper plates, cups and napkins/paper towels.
- Infant formula/food/diapers.
- Have a 2 week supply of medications & First Aid Kit.
- Cash or Travelers Checks.
- Sleeping bags, blankets, pillows, folding chairs. BEDDING IS NOT PROVIDED IN PUBLIC SHELTERS.
- Personal hygiene items and changes of clothing.
- Flashlight, battery powered radio/TV and spare batteries, cards, games, books and toys.
- (1) Port St. John Community Center 6650 Corto Road, Port St. John
- (2) Viera Regional Community Center 2300 Judge Fran Jamieson Way, Viera
- (3) Palm Bay Regional Park, 1951 Malabar Rd NW, Palm Bay
Shelter openings are incident-specific. Never go to a shelter unless local officials have announced it is open.
- (A) Mims Elementary School, 2582 US Highway 1, Mims, Florida
- (B) Apollo Elementary School, 3085 Knox McRae Dr., Titusville
- (C) Imperial Estates Elementary School, 900 Imperial Estates Lane, Titusville
- (D) Walter Butler Community Center, 4201 US Highway 1, Cocoa
- (E) Brevard Community College, Cocoa Campus Bldg 3, 1519 Clearlake Rd., Cocoa
- (F) Manatee Elementary School, 3425 Viera Blvd., Viera
- (G) Sherwood Elementary, School 2541 Post Road, Melbourne
- (H) Eau Gallie High School, 1400 Commodore Blvd., Melbourne
- (I) Melbourne High School, 74 Bulldog Blvd., Melbourne
- (J) Meadowlane Intermediate Elementary, 2700 Wingate Blvd., West Melbourne
- (K) Bayside High School, 1901 DeGroodt Rd. S.W. Palm Bay
- (L) Heritage High School 2351 Malabar Rd., Palm Bay
- (M) South Mainland Community, Center 3700 Allen Ave., Micco
- (N) Barefoot Bay Community, Center Bldg A, Barefoot Blvd. (Not a shelter, only for transportation).
Click on the image to view a larger version of the map.
Brevard County Emergency Management Office
1746 Cedar Street
Rockledge, Florida 32955
Tel: (321) 637-6670
Fax: (321) 633-1738
Director Kimberly Prosser